How Omega 7 Can Help to Improve Adult Acne
You’re an adult now, you pay your own bills, go to work every day, and even know how to cook some pretty good homemade lasagna. But, what is this? Acne, at your age? As adults we pretty much figure that acne is a teenage hormonal issue, but when it happens well into adulthood, this can be very disheartening.
You may have tried many remedies for adult acne such as antibiotics, creams, washes and more but let’s take a look how Omega 7 can help to improve adult acne.
What Is Adult Acne?
Some adults can get acne without having had it as a teen. It’s a nuisance issue where red, swollen, and even painful eruptions appear on the face. These eruptions can even be found on the neck, shoulders, chest, and back for some people.
Adult acne is mainly an issue for woman, more so than men, but can definitely affect both sexes.
Adult acne can be embarrassing and even cause anxiety about leaving the house the same as it can for teens who suffer from the same issue.
What Are The Causes Of Adult Acne?
Typically, adult acne can be caused by the same factors that cause teen acne. Let’s go over a few of the main causes here.
- Changes in Hormones- Hormonal changes are a big cause of adult acne, especially for women. These hormonal changes are due to periods, pre-menopause, menopause, birth control pills, and even pregnancy. For men, the hormone Testosterone, when in high levels in the body, can also cause adult acne.
- Stress- When adults have an excess of stress in their lives, it can take a toll on their health in many ways. Stress can also increase the probability of adult acne, that’s because when the body is under stress, it produces more androgens which cause the sebaceous glands (oil glands) to overproduce and lead to breakouts.
- Genetics- Unfortunately, if you have a family history of adult acne, then it’s possible that it will strike you as well.
- Medications- Certain prescription medications can most definitely cause acne outbreaks in adults. You can always talk to your doctor regarding the issue and see if there is a different medication that you can take instead.
- Air Pollution- Chemicals in the air such as from vehicle exhaust and factories can definitely take a toll on your skin as skin and cause breakouts.
- Diet- You may have heard this before, and it’s true, that the foods you eat can make or break your skin. Sugar is one main cause of poor skin conditions, including acne.
How Omega 7 Can Help
Omega 7 is a fatty acid and though it may not be as popular as Omega 3’s, 6’s, and 9’s, it has some equally amazing benefits. Fatty acids are essential to good health and should be consumed on a regular basis, but in today’s world of fast and easy, people may not be getting as much as they need.
The role that Omega 7’s play in the body is that they help to lower the bad cholesterol, lower blood glucose levels, and they also fight inflammation.
Omega 7 is also vital for healthy hair, skin and nails. It works to control free-radicals and to reduce inflammation in the skin, thus helping to control and reduce acne breakouts. Consuming Omega 7, either through your regular diet, or by supplementation can have very positive effects on skin condition such as acne.
Omega 7 is found in foods such as:
- Sea buckthorn
- Macadamia oil
- Dandelion oil
- Avocado oil
- Pomegranate oil
Though all of these foods contain rich sources of Omega 7, they may be hard to consume for those who don’t enjoy fishes or those types of oils, thus making it difficult to intake enough Omega 7’s. That’s where an Omega 7 supplement would be helpful and definitely more convenient like Ultra Omega Burn.
There are many known causes of adult acne, as stated above, so it’s best to narrow it down and make some positive changes such as controlling your stress levels, visiting the doctor for a hormonal check, and washing toxins from your face regularly. Simple changes in your everyday life can really make an impact on your skin in a good way.
Whether or not you have tried treatments for your acne such as prescriptions, natural, or over-the-counter remedies, it never hurts to try something new such as Omega 7 because you might just find that the simplest thing can really improve your skin, and this is something a lot of people are lacking in their diets.
With the addition of this specific fatty acid to your regular diet, drinking lots of cleansing water and keeping sure to eat healthily, you should be able to see some positive changes in your adult acne condition.